Proudly Serving
Tulsa & Santa Fe
Contact Us Today

Identity Theft Attorneys in Tulsa, Oklahoma

Millions of U.S. residents are victims of identity theft each year. Trying to figure out how your identity was stolen and proving you are not responsible can be very difficult, time consuming, and stressful.

Nationally Recognized Identity Theft Lawyers

Our law firm takes on the credit reporting industry for compounding the harm inflicted upon victims of ID theft. We have a proven track record of recovering millions in verdicts and settlements for victims of identity theft. We carefully screen our clients and devote the time, resources, and energy to maximizing your recovery for financial losses and distress caused by credit reporting agencies and creditors. Because of our focused attention as identity theft lawyers, we can only accept a limited number of open cases. Please contact us for a Free Case Review to find out if we can help you.

Has Your Identity Been Stolen?

Do you believe that someone has stolen your social security number, date of birth or other information personal to you and used it obtain credit? Our lawyers have helped people just like you who realized that an identity thief stole their social security number and purchased a home or homes or a car, opened credit cards and purchased goods and services. Sometimes the identity thief is a debt collector, financial institution, or other business that switched out the social security number on an account and is now looking to hold you responsible for the debt.

Some Potential Warning Signs Include:

• Are you receiving letters from debt collectors for a debt that is not yours? • Have you received a letter acknowledging an application for credit that you did not initiate? • Did you receive a letter from one of your creditors notifying or confirming that you have changed your billing address when you have not? • Did you receive notice from one of your creditors that your credit limit is being reduced or your account closed? • Do you see accounts on your credit report that you do not recognize? • Inquires—Does your credit report list businesses that have accessed your credit that you did not authorize? • Does your credit report include an address for you that is not yours, an incorrect date of birth, an incorrect phone number or social security number variations?

Take Charge

Clearly someone has used your identifying information (i.e., name, address, social security number, account numbers, driver's license or other information) without your permission. Take action now – you may need an experienced identity theft attorney. Contact us for a Free Case Review.

Place a fraud alert on your credit report by calling the credit reporting agencies below. When you have a fraud alert a business must verify your identity when accounts are open and may contact you. It stays on your credit report for 90 days.

Experian (888) 397-3742 Equifax (800) 525-6285 Transunion (800) 680-7289

Order your credit reports. You are entitled to receive a free copy of your credit report if you are or believe you will be a victim of identity theft. To learn how to order your credit reports, click here.

File a police report. Go to your local police department and tell them that you believe you are a victim of identity theft.

Complete an FTC Affidavit. Obtain a copy here and fill it out. You can also go directly to the FTC to download the form.

Mixed Files or Identity Theft

Sometimes people believe they are victims of identity theft, but in reality, as they later find out, their credit file is being mixed with someone else's. A mixed file is when a credit reporting agency takes information about your credit history and includes the credit history of someone else on your credit report. The result of a mixed file is that your credit score is merged with someone else's and your credit report suffers because of negative credit caused by the other person. That other person may have a similar name, address or social security number, but there is more than enough information for the credit reporting to report the truth about you if they followed reasonable procedures.

If your file has been merged with someone else then you may feel like you are a victim of identity theft, because collectors keep harassing you for someone else's debt or you are being accused of owing money that you do not owe. We can help you learn more and determine if you are a victim of ID theft or a mixed credit file. Contact us for a Free Case Review to help determine if you need the services of an identity theft lawyer.

Skilled at Illuminating the Truth

Request a Meeting

Inaccurate or Fraudulent Information on Credit Reports

Review your credit reports for any inaccurate or fraudulent information. If you find any fraudulent accounts, you should dispute this erroneous information in writing to the credit bureaus. You should review your credit report for false or incorrect information, such as: accounts, names or misspellings of your name, addresses, date of birth, social security numbers, spouse names, telephone numbers, employment history. If you find false or incorrect information on your credit report, draft a letter stating what information is false and state whether you are or believe you are a victim of identity theft. Also, include a copy of the police report, a copy of the FTC Identity Theft Affidavit and copy of your credit report with the incorrect information circled. Keep a copy of what you send. Be sure to send your letter by certified mail to prove that you sent it.

Draft a Dispute Letter to Creditors or Debt Collectors

Include in the letter a statement that you are or believe you are a victim of identity theft. Also, include a copy of the police report and a copy of the FTC Identity Theft Affidavit. Include copies of any important documents and tell them in your letter what you are including and why. Be clear. Write short sentences. Don't overstate. Tell them only the relevant details. By law, you are entitled to a copy of the application and business transaction records relating to the fraudulent transactions or accounts opened or applied for using your identity. Request copies of any records that you think you need. This may sound overwhelming but creditors and credit reporting agencies love to blame their victims. If you want help writing a letter, contact us for a Free Case Review and pointers on your letter.

How to Help Your Case

  • Keep a copy of each letter and document you send.

  • Make copies of the original that includes your signature.

  • Send everything certified mail return receipt requested.

  • Attach any supporting documents to your letter and list what you are enclosing.

  • Save all mail you receive, and voicemails, and take notes.

  • Hire Us.

You may be forced to sue any credit reporting agency that won't delete information that is a result of identity theft. You can also sue any creditor or debt collector that continues to collect an unlawful debt from you. Our office files lawsuits on a contingency fee basis so you don't pay our fees and costs unless there is a recovery. Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act a successful plaintiff can obtain their attorney fees and costs. When you contact us we will review your case at no charge and tell you whether we can represent you. Contact us for a Free Case Review.

How Our Office Can Help

Our office will review your case free of charge. We will likely help you prepare a dispute letter to be sent to the credit reporting agencies and/or the creditor or debt collector reporting the fraudulent information. We want to make sure we get it right the first time so we expect to speak with you personally either in person or by telephone, video chat, and/or e-mail. That process may take a few minutes or hours. If the errors are cleared up then you owe us nothing. In the event the errors aren't cleared up then we will explore the next steps, which may include further investigation or hiring us to file a lawsuit. Contact us for a Free Case Review.

If you live in Oklahoma or New Mexico we can assist you directly as your identity theft attorneys. If you live in another state, we have co-counsel relationships in many states and may be able to offer you representation with locally licensed counsel or a referral.